Friday, May 26, 2006

Boof!


So finally on my 18th run of the Upper Yough i finally got over my irrational need to avoid it and finally ran the boof at National. I had heard Mark explain the line a dozen times but as he was explaining it to Doug i ignored him. I didn't want to over analyze it. I paddled toward the rock, angled my boat to the right, held my paddle ready, waited for the right moment to take that boof stroke and... voila! Perfect landing right in the eddy. It felt great! I'll definitely be running that line from now on. Good to finally get over that silly fear.

(sorry for the crappy photos, i'll put high res ones up when i buy them from the photographer)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter code
low cost web hosting


Locations of visitors to this page