Saturday, July 21, 2007

Return to Piney Mountain


Well after over two months I finally made it back to Western Maryland and the Upper Yough. Even managed to catch the Top at a somewhat low, but still enjoyable 290 cfs.

Jason, Scott, Alden, Carl and I camped at Piney Mountain after our runs on the UY and TY. It had been over 9 months since I'd been there. It was kind of a homecoming. We had a great fire (thanks Carl!) and good times spent with good friends (not to mention the bottle of Grey Goose).

I woke up early the next morning and while the guys were all still asleep 2 hours after I decided to go for a long walk, do some soul searching, walk of a mild hangover, pick some blueberries and wildflowers. I spent an hour and a half or so exploring the trails off the fire road below the power lines. Really an very pretty place.

The next day I was very happy to get to be there for Laura's first run down the Upper Yough. She did great and I look forward to getting to paddle with her more now that's she's stepping things up!

Laura and Mark on the UY, She's smiling!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter code
low cost web hosting


Locations of visitors to this page